This page contains a fairly complete -- yet not exhaustive -- list of presentations, panels, keynotes, webinars, and other events where I have participated for the last two years.
- EduCon; Philadelphia, PA. 2016 notes, and 2017 Educon Cryptoparty and Student Voices on Digital Redlining.
- South by Southwest EDU; Austin, TX. Multiple panel discussions on student data privacy, interoperability, and learner agency.
- ISTE; Denver, CO - session information.
- Data Champions Summit - presentation notes.
- Baltimore Country Public Schools - presentation notes.
- TCEA - presentation notes.
- ATLIS - presentation notes.
- Macomb County Community College - worked with students doing research on privacy, security, and digital redlining.
- IMS Global Leadership Institute - panel discussion on vendor concerns around privacy, security, and legal compliance.
- NAED Big Data Conference - conference overview and pdf summary.
- Oregon EdTech Professional Development Cadre. September 28, 2017. Presentation notes.
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation Innovation Conference - panel discussion on privacy, security, personalized learning, and equity.
- Future of Privacy Forum webinars and bootcamps. Multiple events covering advertising technology, tracking, privacy, security, and software design.
- COSN Annual Conference - presentation notes.
- A4L Student Data Privacy Conference - panel discussion.
- Strategic Data Project at the Center for Education Policy Research at Harvard University
- This is an older presentation (spring 2015) that is generally vendor-focused, but the content holds up.
- Mozilla Festival 2017, London, England.
- NAIS POCC Conference, Burbank, CA.